- Packet Contents: 50 gm Organic Bitter Gourd seeds per packet
- The best time to sow bitter gourd seeds is during the early days of summer
- Germination: 5-10 Days (soak seeds for 24 hours before sowing)
- Start harvesting from 60 - 70 days for next 30 - 45 days
- Grow bitter gourd using larger pots or planter boxes
- Bitter gourd is lowers blood glucose and hence very good for diabetics
- Refer to planting guide behind the pack and use Purna Organic Maintenance kit for pests control and Nutrient supply.
Bitter Gourd is more known for its nutritional & healing benefits than its taste. It is a package of precious nutrients such as Vitamin B1, B2, and B3, C, magnesium, folate, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and dietary fiber. It has a unique insulin-like compound called polypeptide-P, which makes it an excellent remedy for diabetes. It is also effective in treating blood disorders, cholera, and a host of other ailments.
- Season: Early summer, Required warm climate
- Sowing depth of 1/2 “ and spacing of 12”
- The seeds germinate quickly, usually within 5 to 10 days. (Soak the seeds for 24 hours to increase the rate of sucess).
- Sturdy Trellis/Support required to grow with climber.
- Start harvesting from 60 - 70 days for next 30 - 45 days. The harvesting should be done when the fruits are young and tender.
- It is prone to diseases like watermelon mosaic virus, other cucurbit diseases, and powdery mildew. In pests, it gets affected by aphids and spider mites.
Customer Support: If you have any doubts regarding the seeds or any aspect of planting them, just email us at email@example.com
Remember to provide ample number of images to substantiate your issues.
All orders are shipped pre-paid. We accept cash on delivery on notified locations only as provided during checkout of shopping cart.
- Purna organics can ship to any address in India as notified by our shipping carriers as notified by them regularly. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to some states OR may attract additional taxes and procedures as per the law of the land
- Delivery only occurs on regular business days and does not include holidays of our delivery carrier. In general, allow 4 to 5 business days for delivery by courier for the majority of communities. It can take more than 10 working days if the order is more than 5kg of weight as it gets delivered through surface transport
- Purna Organics is not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, excluding weekends and holidays, and may vary with package destination, particularly during peak periods
- Our regular carriers, at the negotiated rate, will perform delivery. Should you desire a different method of delivery, there may be an additional fee and you will need to contact us to make that special arrangement
- Please be available or have a responsible person available to sign and accept your order during business hours. If a delivery cannot be made, the carrier will provide instructions to receive your order (local warehouse, 2nd attempt, etc.)
- VRL logistics
- Blue Dart